Defective & Harmful Products
When you buy a product, you have certain rights as a consumer. The most basic is the right to be safe while using the product. Companies therefore have an obligation to design, manufacture, assemble, and sell products that are safe. Significant personal injuries can result when companies fail to provide safe products. If a product injures you, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact the Connecticut product liability lawyesr at Lueker Mott Zezula for a free initial consultation to discuss your case. (203) 408-6500.
Defective Products Cases
There are several different types of product defects, including:
- Design Defects - Before the product is made, the design itself causes the product to be defective.
- Manufacturing Defects - Defects occur while the product is being made. Most often this only causes a couple product units to be defective.
- Marketing Defects - A defect in the product's warning labels, directions, or instructions.
Common types of product liability claims include:
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective Medical Devices
- Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Defects
- Defective tools
- Defective machinery
- Defective construction equipment
- Defective Children's Products
Some of the parties that should be held responsible for your injuries include:
Defective Children's Products
As most people have seen, often there are recalls for all types of products, many of them made for babies or children. Products that are commonly found defective include car seats, strollers, cradles, cribs, beds, booster seats, bath tubs, bath seats, playpens, changing tables, highchairs, bottles, clothing, and toys. Often times the product is defective because of improper materials, sharp edges, long strings or ropes, top heavy furniture/items, and small or loose pieces of toys. Consumers should feel comfortable that the products they have purchased for their children are safe.
Compensation Our Product Liability Attorneys Can Pursue
While every case is unique and the amount of compensation depends on the circumstances of your claim, we can generally pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Cost of future medical treatment
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Funeral expenses
- Out of pocket costs
If you believe you have been injured as a result of a defective, dangerous, or harmful product, call Lueker Mott Zezula for a free initial consultation at (203) 408-6500.